• November 11Follow us on Instagram @tafttoreadornews

• October 19Welcome to the New Taft Tribune! Stories Updated every other Monday!

Taft Tribune

Letter From The Editor: Welcome

Sarah Hunt, Editor in Chief

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

Dear Taft Family,

I’d like to welcome you to the brand new Taft Tribune. This year’s reporters and I are excited to be updating you on all of Taft High’s upcoming news and events. I trust that this letter finds you mutually excited about reading up on all that our reporters have to say.

While I am the Editor in Chief of this year’s Tribune, I am happy to welcome you on behalf of the entire staff. Each of us will play an integral role in ensuring the success and quality of this year’s newspaper.

The journalism team and I will do our best to cover all aspects of the Taft community and we will always keep an objective view of thingsexcept for our opinion pieces, of course. Not only will we cover Taft news, but world news as well. We believe that it is important to keep students informed on all issues and affairs.

Again, welcome to the Taft Tribune. If there are ever any questions or concerns you can reach me and other staff members via the newspaper’s Instagram, @tafttoreadornews.

Best Regards,

Sarah Hunt

Editor in Chief

About the Writer
Sarah Hunt, Editor in Chief

Senior at Taft High, Editor in Chief, Avid Reader, Grammar Police, happy to be here.

13 Comments

13 Responses to “Letter From The Editor: Welcome”

1. Yuri Hovhannisyan on November 1st, 2018 7:31 am

I really like the idea of Taft tribune because it gives a source to all the students for their voices to be heard. It also give the students a way to see the upcoming news and world news in a friendly environment.

2. Trevor G on November 2nd, 2018 1:05 pm

I think a tribune is a good way to inform students about what goes on about the school. I do not know much about what goes on at Taft -sports and competitions-, and I think this will change that. A tribune will also motivate students to be involved in teams described in articles and other positive effects. I have looked at previous articles that are very well written. I am interested in helping to create articles.

3. Andrew Hua on November 3rd, 2018 11:30 pm

Taft Tribune sounds like a good source of information for students. It gives students information about what is going on in school and in the world all in one place. Which makes it much easier to find information and allows us to hear the opinions of the other people on campus. Also, thank you for welcoming us to the Taft Tribune and I hope to see great articles be made.

4. Yuri Hovhannisyan on November 4th, 2018 9:09 am

I like how their is a source for all the students to check schedules and even world news. I also like how the students voices can be heard through this platform. I also want to compliment Sarah Hunt for the great article.

5. Tom Binford on November 5th, 2018 1:38 pm

I think the Taft Tribune is a good idea to help keep students informed about school activities. However, I think it should be used solely for school news and events because it is impossible to compete with professional news outlets like the New York Times.

6. Tom Binford on November 5th, 2018 2:35 pm

I love the idea of the Taft Tribune as a way to share school events and topics. However, I think the Tribune should have less emphasis on news outside of school already covered by major outlets like the New York Times. I think Taft has plenty of news to cover and the Tribune has done a great job so far, but I think it should be more focused on school events over world news.

7. Dhruv Kesavarapu on November 5th, 2018 2:45 pm

First off, thank you to the editor-in-chief about all the updates.
    Taft Tribune is a great way for all the students to get updates about important and fun events. Also, I like how the editors are working to ensure the quality of this year’s newspaper.

8. Jacob Zheng on November 5th, 2018 5:55 pm

The idea of a school newspaper seems like a great way to keep students up to date with information regarding events and issues in the real world. I support this a hundred percent, and all of the articles published so far seem to be pretty well-written. Keep up the good work, and I”ll be reading.

9. Jacob Zheng on November 5th, 2018 5:58 pm

The idea of a school newspaper seems to be a really cool way of keeping students both up to date on school events and issues in the real world. So far, the Taft Tribune has some pretty well-written articles, though it is relatively new. Keep up the good work, I’ll be reading.

10. Jacob Zheng on November 5th, 2018 6:01 pm

A school newspaper seems like a really cool way of keeping students informed of both current events at school and in the real world. In my honest opinion, though the Taft Tribune is relatively new, most of the articles are very well-written and thought-through. Keep up the good work, I’ll be reading. 🙂

11. Max Nosov on November 5th, 2018 8:04 pm

I wish all of this year’s reporters luck in managing our school newspaper. It’s a good way to inform students about what’s going on in the school and outside of the school. I’ll be sure to keep tabs on the newspapers.

12. Makxim Nosov on November 5th, 2018 8:07 pm

I wish this year’s journalist team luck in editing wonderful newspapers for the school. They are a very good way of informing students about events in school and what happens outside of it. I’ll be sure to keep tabs on the newspapers that I believe will be excellent thanks to the editing team.

13. Makxim Nosov on November 5th, 2018 9:06 pm

I wish this year’s journalist team luck in editing wonderful newspapers for the school. They are a very good way of informing students about events in school and what happens outside of it. I’ll be sure to keep tabs on the newspapers that I believe will be excellent thanks to the editing team!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Right