Taft Tribune Senior Highlight

Farewell Senior Tribunes!!

It’s time to say goodbye to our astounding Seniors in journalism. This class would not have been able to thrive without them. They, along with the other journalism members, so much of hard work into making the first year of the online newspaper successful. Each Senior had a role that contributed greatly it its success. The copy and managing editors worked so hard on editing all of the writers’ articles. Writers were always looking for something interesting to write about and dedicated their time to writing quality articles.  The photographers took their free time and went to school events documenting school spirit and activities on campus.. The journalism cartoonist went above and beyond and dedicated so much of her time into drawing cartoons for the paper. on behalf of the entire class we want to thank our journalism seniors for making this year so much fun! It was a memorable experience for all of us, and this class would not have been the same without them!!.

We asked each senior about their experience and what their favorite part of the class was.

Editor in chief: Sarah Hunt

Sarah, our editor in chief said, “It was a great way to start every day. My favorite part of journalism was creating ideas for articles.”

Section editor, Managing editor, Copy editor: Anache Varteressian

Anache said, “I have learned that taking on the position of representing the schools news can be tiring but extremely rewarding.” Anache said, “My favorite part of journalism was the long friday nights before publishing.”

Managing Editor: Aria Taherian

Aria said, “my experience in journalism was that it was a blast working with everyone.” He was able to feel accomplished by creating extraordinary articles for our school. His favorite part was hanging out with Mrs. Coe, she was a wonderful journalism adviser. “Having her class first thing in the morning was great. I also really enjoyed working with the managing editors on the long nights after school before publication. First period with Mrs. Coe was always so much fun for me. I was lucky and also had her for my 2nd period Library Practice class, which means 2 whole hours with this wonderful person. I’ve learned so much from her. She is truly an amazing person to just be around. She radiates everything great about being a teacher. She has taught me more about life in general than anyone ever has in my 4 years of high school (aside from Madame Bradford, I <3 her!)”

Copy editor, Social media: Sara Vela

Sara has been in Journalism for two years and it was intriguing for her to experience different ways of making a newspaper. She was also able to meet new students and get their point of view of how they would do something. “My favorite part about journalism is that it went online. With the newspaper going online we were able to get more students to read it and it is easy to access.”

Managing editor, Writer: Briana Alcaraz

Briana said “my experience in journalism was amazing. I made amazing friends here. Also, my writing improved, and this class helped it. I never knew I could write the way I did, all thanks to my team and teacher.” Briana’s favorite part was the days managing editors gathered together to fix up and upload articles. “It made the whole process easier, faster and fun.” Briana said “I will truly miss this class.”  

Cartoonist: Alexa cozlovschi

Alexa said her experience in journalism was fun! She enjoyed getting along with her peers and being able to participate in the artistic side of the newspaper. Her favorite part was being able to talk to people and have fun/draw cartoons for the newspaper.

“My experience in journalism was fun! I enjoyed getting along with my peers and being able to participate in the artistic side of the newspaper.”

Writer: Charisma Yousefzadeh

Charisma said that her experience was great. This class has taught her how to research and stick to deadlines. Charismas favorite part was how her and her other classmates were given the freedom to work on their own and at their own pace without someone breathing down their neck.

“This class has taught me how to research and stick to deadlines. My favorite part of journalism was how we were given the freedom to work on our own and at our own pace without someone breathing down our necks.”

Writer: Edgar Rodriguez

Edgar said, “My experience in journalism was great, it was something I didn’t expect to enjoy.” His favorite part was how he was able to write about things he enjoys and knows about.

“My experience in journalism was great, it was something I didn’t expect to enjoy. My favorite part of journalism was being able to write about things I’m interested in.”

Writer: Daniella Ramirez

Daniella’s experience in journalism was great. She was able to learn how to work with people, how real life actually is in a workplace like deadlines, and keeping track of other things. She was lucky to have such an amazing teacher who never gave up on her students and teaches her that hard work pays off. During her time here her favorite part was pitch day because she was able to learn and hear other people’s ideas.

“My experience in journalism was great. I was able to learn how to work with people, how a real workplace is with deadlines, and how to keep track of multiple things. I loved hearing other people’s ideas.”

Writer: Jasmine Zargaroff

Jasmine said, “My experience in journalism was fun and everyone had such positive energy. Her favorite part was writing with Daniella. Jasmine said, “When i worked with Daniella, ideas would easily flow.”

“My experience in journalism was fun and everyone had such positive energy. One of my favorite parts was working with Daniella. When we worked together ideas would easily flow.”

Photographer, writer : Luis Ramirez

Luis said that his experience in journalism was great! He said, “I had a really fun time being in journalism. I really learned a lot.” Luis favorite part of journalism was doing the warm ups on schoology, and also making memes.

Writer: Kelly Cervantes

Kelly said “I love how everyone was communicating with one another. Also it helped form good friendships it was challenging at first but it got easier.” Kelly’s favorite part of journalism was how her and her classmates got the chance to choose on what to write about.

Photographer, Writer: Destiny Clark

Destiny’s experience in journalism made her become more confident in her writing. She was able to talk about what she wanted and share her thoughts. Destiny’s favorite part was definitely her peers because they helped her become a better writer and said they all are such a great team.

“Journalism made me become more confident in my writing. I was able to talk about what I wanted and share my thoughts. My favorite part was my peers who helped me become a better writer.”

Writer: Marek Amirkhizi

Marek said that “my experience in journalism was amazing and stressful at the same time. I’m really happy got to spend “most” of my mornings with my classmates. Journalism wouldn’t be the same without the magnificent Mrs. Coe and my favorite part was not missing my deadlines

Writer, Photographer: Daniela Cid

My experience in journalism was unforgettable. I had so much fun writing articles and taking pictures of school events. This class taught me so much my writing skills got so much better and it also taught me how to work with other people even if you don’t get along with them. The most enjoyable was pitch day because we got to share our ideas and the other members would gives us advice on what to do what angle to take they will just help improve our articles.  

Farewell from Mrs. Coe

Dear Journalism Seniors,

The opportunity to learn with you this year was the absolute best. You made every day exciting and fun! Thank you for joining me in this experience, and helping me fine tune the process. You were the best guinea pigs around. Journalism will never be the same without you. You will definitely be missed! Your passion and drive kept us all on our toes.  But at least I will always have your memes!! Congratulations of graduation, I am so excited for each and every one of you, you are going to do amazing things!!

Sincerely,

Mrs. Coe