Tiny Toreadors Perform at Halftime

October 7, 2019

On Friday, September 20, 2019, there was a Taft vs. Hawkins football game that highlighted the Tiny Toreadors dance team at Taft High School.  It was a very fun and great game. At half time, the band, color guard, and dance team all had performances. The dance team though had a special performance. Elementary and Middle School students were part of the dance performed by the Taft dance team.

The Taft Dance Team coach, Mr. McKinley, reached out to the elementary and Middle Schools in the district and gave the students an opportunity to participate in a dance. The dance was choreographed by Mr. McKinley. It was made very easy, so everyone was able to pick up the choreography and perform. The students came to Taft on a weekend and practiced the dance in the dance room.

The dance was a great way to encourage students to come and visit Taft. But also, it was a great way to show everyone how great Taft really is. Students got to experience how it feels like to be on the Dance Team and perform at the games. “This is a great way to motivate students to join teams at Taft. And show them what Taft is all about,” said Mr. McKinley, the dance coach, in an interview. 

The dancers were very happy that they had the opportunity to perform and think that Taft has a very welcoming and positive environment. They all enjoyed their time at Taft and got to experience how it feels like to be part of the Dance Team. “I think I want to try-out next year!” said one of the students performing.

We look forward to welcoming new students to Taft and are excited to show them that there truly is a place for everyone at Taft!