Breaking News
  • New Articles Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!
  • Follow us on Instagram @taft.tribune
The Student News Site of Taft Charter High School

Taft Tribune

Taft Tribune

Taft Tribune

5 Best Places to Trick or Treat in Los Angeles

DallE-3 (via Bing)
Teens Trick or Treat in Los Angeles

Halloween is a widely celebrated holiday which occurs on October 31st, and is a time where people dress up in costumes and go trick or treating. Knowing where the best places to trick or treat can save a lot of time and grow your candy stash.

Here are the 5 best places for trick or treating in Los Angeles and getting into the Halloween spirit.

Beverly Hills

Teens trick or treat in Beverly Hills (Dall-E3 via bing.com)

Beverly Hills is a well-known spot to go trick or treating. Full candy bars are often given out and the flats make it easier to walk from house to house. There is also a Witch’s House at 516 N. Walden that is worth seeing.

Silver Lake

Some teens Trick or Treat in Los Angeles (DallE3 (via Bing))

Lots of families go to Silver Lake for trick or treating. Armstrong Avenue in the Silver Lake neighborhood gets blocked off so people can go from house to house with ease, and the whole area is basically a block party. There are lots of decorations for kids and adults to enjoy. There are lots of houses between Coronado St. between Sunset Blvd. and Scott Ave. that decorate their houses with spooky effects, and it is less crowded there as well.

Studio City

Teens Trick or Treat in Los Angeles (DallE-3 (via Bing))

A great place to be trick or treating in the valley is in Studio City. Laurel Terrace Drive and Mound View Avenue are particularly good places because they decorate with plenty of Halloween decorations including a lot of jack o’ lanterns, really getting into the spirit. It’s easy to go from house to house as they are in close proximity, saving time and resulting in more candy.

Toluca Lake

Some Ghosts get ready to Trick or Treat (Daisy Anderson (via Pexels.com))

Toluca Lake is great for having family safe fun on Halloween night. It is easier here to find parking here than other places, and several streets are filled with decorated houses. Foreman Avenue and Mariota Avenue are good areas to get candy, as they have several yard haunts right next to one another.

Shirley Ave.

A witch hopes to score some candy during Halloween (Monstera Productions (via Pexels.com))

In Tarzana there’s always a lot of trick or treating going on around Santa Rita between Shirley and Tampa. They close off streets to cars for Halloween, because the streets can get really crowded. Almost every house gives out candy, and most of the houses are decorated with spooky decorations.

With so many houses to trick or treat from and with so little time, it can be helpful to know the best places beforehand. These places offer the best candy and definitely get into the Halloween spirit with the decorations they put up.