• November 11Follow us on Instagram @tafttoreadornews

• October 19Welcome to the New Taft Tribune! Stories Updated every other Monday!

Taft Tribune

Filed under News

The Blood Drive is BACK!

Be the giving type! Giving = Living! November 2nd.

It’s that time of the year again! Our annual blood drive is upon us. The Blood Drive will be held on November 2nd in Taft Hall. This yearly event is an ASB hosted, community service activity that provides valuable access to donations needed at Cedar Sinai hospitals. Students who qualify will donate a pint of blood that can save up to 3 children!  You must be 17 years of age in order to participate. Students younger than 17 need a consent form signed by their parents. Remember to bring your ID with you as well, they will be checking it. If you need any of the parent consent forms the links are below. If you have any other questions about the blood drive make sure to ask Mrs. Godsey in D118 or any ASB members.

Hope to see you there!

More Information

https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Programs-and-Services/Blood-Donor-Services/Contact-Hours-Schedule/Eligibility-to-Donate.aspx 

Blood Drive Requirements

https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Programs-and-Services/Blood-Donor-Services/Contact-Hours-Schedule/dr1043a_blood_donor_guidelines_052018.pdf

Parent /Guardian Consent Form 

https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Programs-and-Services/Blood-Donor-Services/Documents/Parental-Consent-Required-for-16-17-Year-Olds-to-Donate-PDF.pdf

Zika Virus Research Information

https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Programs-and-Services/Blood-Donor-Services/Documents/Zika-Virus-Research-Information—English-PDF.pdf

About the Writers
Alexa Cozlovschi, Copy Editor, Cartoonist

Senior at Taft. Scruffy, Quiet opossum in the back of the classroom. Aspiring artist and reptile enthusiast.

Daniela Cid, Photographer, Social Media editor

Senior at Taft, I enjoy taking pictures and capturing moments.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “The Blood Drive is BACK!”

1. Dustin Lee on November 3rd, 2018 11:31 pm

I think that it is really amazing that Taft is promoting donating blood. Donating blood is such an important aspect to those who need blood in the hospital. Thank you for the information Alexa Cozlovschi and Daniela Cid for the amazing work that was given to me. I think that telling students that there is a blood drive going on is very beneficial as it allows more students to see that they can help. Also, not everybody sees the signs that say, “Blood Drive”, and because you added this article, it allows us, students, to be more aware of what is going on. Again, I think that it is an amazing way to help others in the world as the blood drive can help save lives of people. This is because one person’s blood can say another person’s life! Thank you so much for the information and helping me be more aware.

2. Dustin Lee on November 3rd, 2018 11:50 pm

I really like the fact that you guys added a Blood Drive informer to the people who go onto Taft Tribune! It allows those who have not seen the posters that say, “Blood Drive November 2nd”, to be informed about it. I also like the fact that it tells people that they can join, of all ages. Alexa Cozlovschi and Daniela Cid, you guys did an amazing job in informing the public about the Blood Drive. Blood Drive really is beneficial to hospitals as well as it allows people to save other peoples’ lives. Remember that if one person donates blood, that could potentially save another person’s life.

3. Nathan kerr on November 4th, 2018 11:13 am

Even though I’m not old enough to donate blood, reading this article is very informative. I like how it tells the reader where the blood will be going and to remember to bring your ID.

4. Alyssa Prestin on November 4th, 2018 11:53 am

I think it is very important for Taft to be involved in something like this. Giving blood to hospitals can help save lives, and for that, it makes me really happy to know I’m part of a school that cares. When I turn 17, I hope to give blood and help out people in need of it.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

Junior Steering Fundraising

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

Breaking News- Woolsey Fire

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

Taft Robotics Team Makes Great Strides

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

Blood Drive- Follow Up

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

A Vintage Plane Causes Delays When Crashed on 101 Freeway

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

Santa 4 Students

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

Letter From The Editor: Welcome

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

To Be Free To Love At Last- World News

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

Junior Steering Fundraising

• The Blood Drive is BACK!

News

Breaking News- Woolsey Fire

The Student News Site of Taft Charter High School
The Blood Drive is BACK!