Breaking News
  • New Articles Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!
  • Follow us on Instagram @taft.tribune
The Student News Site of Taft Charter High School

Taft Tribune

Taft Tribune

Taft Tribune

Top 5 Christmas Songs

Top 5 Christmas Songs
With December approaching, it’ll soon be time to play the perfect music for the holiday season. Some top 5 Christmas songs that’ll be on replay all winter long are as follows:

Tory the Toreador plays some Jingle Bell Rock (DallE-3 (Via Bing))

5. “Jingle Bell Rock” – Bobby Helms

“Jingle Bell Rock” was first released in 1957 and has since then been a classic that we all know and love. The many instruments blend fairly well and it’s the sounds of the guitar that make this song sound festive and cheery. It is still fairly popular, you’ll most likely hear this song play at the mall while doing some holiday shopping. This song makes a small reference to another popular 50s song, “Rock Around the Clock”.

Tory the Toreador sings the Christmas Song with Santa (DallE-3 (Via Bing))

4. “The Christmas Song” – Nat King Cole

“The Christmas Song” was first released in 1946 and carries a calming melody and the added harp makes the song sound more peaceful. This slow song is perfect to listen to while relaxing during the season. This song was originally written by Torme during the hot month of July, as a way to “stay cool by thinking cool”.

Tory the Toreador thinks that its the most wonderful time of the year (DallE-3 (Via Bing))

3. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” – Andy Williams

“It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” is a popular song that was written in 1963 by Edward Pola and George Wyle. This cheery song expresses the feeling of how wonderful Christmas is. This song describes activities done during the season of winter, mentioning roasting marshmallows, caroling, and being near our loved ones. Overall this song displays the positive mood that we have during Christmas.

All Tory the Toreador wants for Christmas is YOU! (DallE-3 (Via Bing))

2. “All I Want for Christmas is You” – Mariah Carey

“All I Want for Christmas is You” was released in 1994 and was an automatic hit to the audience. The song has hit No. 1 on the Billboard charts multiple times, proving that this song is a favorite. Mariah Carey is also going on tour this year, calling it, “Merry Christmas One and All!” which started on November 15, 2023, and will end on December 17, 2023. It is set to take Mariah across places in the US and Canada.

Last year, Tory the Toreador gave you his heart and the very next day, you gave it away. This year to save him from tears, he’ll give it to someone special. (DallE-3 (Via Bing))

1. “Last Christmas” – Wham!

“Last Christmas” was released in 1984 and was written by George Michael. The song itself is well-known and a Christmas favorite to many, but surprisingly it didn’t hit No. 1 in the UK till 36 years later in January of 2021. Despite that, this song about love and loss remains one of the best Christmas songs to play all year round.