Breaking News
  • New Articles Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!
  • Follow us on Instagram @taft.tribune
The Student News Site of Taft Charter High School

Taft Tribune

Taft Tribune

Taft Tribune

SPOTLIGHT: Cards Board N Cords

Students play Smash Bros in the Cards Boards N Cords Club
Ethan Hornstein

There are many clubs at Taft High School and many have their unique twist on how to have fun and still learn something new. The Cards Boards N Cords club focuses on having fun with cards and video games. The club is based on interacting with others who potentially have the same interests in cards, games, and having a great time. I visited the Cards Boards N Cords club and I have so much to tell you!

The Origins Of The Cards Boards N Cords Club:

Santana, a senior at Taft Charter High School founded the Cards Boards N Cords Club in his sophomore year in 2021. He did this to find people who enjoy playing card games and all types of fun. His goal was to unite people who enjoyed and shared the same interests.

What Is The Cards Boards N Cords Club and What Do You Do?

The Cards Boards N Cords Club is a club as well as a safe place. “There are card games, board games, and video games,” says Santana, the president and founder of the club. You can meet new people and enjoy the environment and company. There are gaming consoles, uno, and other fun games to play with friends. Santana says people should join the club to, “have fun, chill, and play fun games.”

Jack, a sophomore at Taft, found this club last year in 2022. He enjoys playing his favorite game at the club, Mario Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

My Experience At The Cards Boards N Cords Club:

I enjoyed my visit to the Cards Boards N Cords club. The environment was extremely friendly and everyone seemed to be having a blast. I recommend this club to all students who have an interest in all sorts of games. The club is a great way to meet new people and make lifelong friendships.

Where To Find The Cards Boards N Cords Club:

You can find this club at R180 in Mr. Moon’s room. The club commences and is held every Tuesday at lunch!