• November 11Follow us on Instagram @tafttoreadornews

• October 19Welcome to the New Taft Tribune! Stories Updated every other Monday!

Taft Tribune

Filed under Sports

Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

For years, volleyball has been the focal point of the fall semester at several high schools, Taft is no exception. Historically, Taft has one of the most successful volleyball programs in the San Fernando Valley. Taft features 3 teams for girls’ volleyball, including Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Frosh/Soph.

Taft’s volleyball team has been practicing 2 hours every day since Summer and came into the season strong. Their relentless practice schedule provided them the skills and teamwork needed to end the season with 42 wins and 8 losses. “Spending 4 years on Volleyball, it means a lot to finally get somewhere in the final of the Championship and having the chance to put our name on the banner forever means a lot to us,” says Nicole Bahmei, the Outside hitter and middle back player of the Varsity team.

With 8 wins and only 2 losses in the city championship, the team placed second, making them qualify for the State championship. Even though the team has lost the city final game against Palisades, they have not lost their hope and are working so hard to do well in the State and Playoffs. According to Danica Littaua, “Dealing with a loss is hard and devastating for us because we know that we can do so much as a team together that a loss doesn’t really count for us that we know we can do so much better in the next game and that we can pick ourselves back up”.   

The players on the team not only play on a very competitive sport like Volleyball, but they also have great academic achievements. Many of the players are in challenging classes including Advanced Placement and Honors classes. As a student-athlete, it’s extremely important to balance between playing a sport, being in academically challenging classes as well as holding positions and being members in lots of clubs and leadership activities. However, the players of Taft’s Varsity Volleyball team know just how to set themselves up for success, both on and off the court.

About the Writer
Hiva Mohammadzadeh, Managing editor

Senior at Taft, 2nd year in Journalism, "Let your heart burn with loving kindness for all who may cross your path":))

1 Comment

One Response to “Girls Volleyball Places 2nd”

1. Ariyah Cohn on December 7th, 2018 10:14 am

Congrats to the female Volleyball players who placed second! I know that a lot of you would have liked to place first instead but placing second is still a big deal and you all should be proud!!!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Sports

Stephen Curry Kid Sneakers Now Includes Girl Sizes

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Sports

Girl’s Tennis Wins CIF Championship!

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Sports

Update: Taft Football- one player’s perspective

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Sports

Los Angeles Lakers

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Sports

Early End to the Football Season Keeps Students Safe

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Sports

The Lesser Known Sports of Taft High School

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Sports

Chloe Kim Becomes First Woman to Land Snowboarding Trick

• Sports

Coach Red- Coach to many, loved by all.

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

Arts & Entertainment

Biopic Bohemian Rhapsody Rocks It

• Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

News

Whose lane is it?

The Student News Site of Taft Charter High School
Girls Volleyball Places 2nd