• February 16Want to write for the newspaper? See Ms. Coe for details.

• November 11Follow us on Instagram @tafttoreadornews

• October 19Welcome to the New Taft Tribune! Stories Updated every three weeks!

Taft Tribune

Filed under Sports

Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

On Wednesday, January 30th, Boys Basketball senior night, Taft boys basketball team had their last home game. Seniors look forward to this particular night, and it’s even more special if the toreador players win the game after winning 17 out of 18 games in the season. The Taft basketball team played against Chatsworth and won the game 76 to 38. That was definitely an incredible win in their last home game. It was a night to remember for the Taft senior basketball players. There was so much support from the parents, administrators, students, and staff. The Taft basketball team is a really united team. They work really hard whether it’s in a game or in practice. Seeing the bonding in this team made us want to talk to one of the players, so we did. We spoke to one of the athletes, Anthony Andrew, who is a senior and he told us that “this season was great because It’s just about the experience with all the tough matches we had and especially the ones that we’ve won. It feels like we put a name for ourselves out there and for me, this team wouldn’t be the same if even one person was missing.” Anthony also told us that he has learned many things about being in the basketball team and he said that is “you need to have a lot of trust in your teammates and that if we are all in tune with each other that we are ‘unstoppable.’” We also asked Anthony what one thing he was going to miss about high school basketball was and he said: “the only thing I’m going to miss about high school basketball is the energy and hype of everyone coming and watching your games, but mostly my teammates.” After hearing all this, we really wish all our senior basketball players the best in their future, and we thank them for giving us such a great season.

About the Writer
Daniela Cid, Photographer, Social Media editor

Senior at Taft, I enjoy taking pictures and capturing moments.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night”

1. Matthew Berkowitz on March 4th, 2019 8:14 am

I didn’t know the basketball team was so good. I hope they have a good season next year.

2. Justin Hodge on March 4th, 2019 8:23 am

I believe our basketball team carries most of our schools recognition. Although we struggled in the playoffs we made a name for ourselves in the regular season. The seniors also played a vital role on the team because of all their experience.

3. Farhad Kobakival on March 4th, 2019 9:17 am

I believe that the Taft basketball team is very hardworking and can achieve what they are working for in the future. The seniors on the team really give the team a scene of leadership and accomplishment as they give the team hope while playing in these games. I hope they got far next year and wish they have a great season over all.

4. CJ on March 4th, 2019 12:28 pm

This game ultimately proves the hard work and leadership of our seniors. The overall season was great and the seniors played a big role on this. I hope the best for Taft basketball for the following seasons.

5. Jeffrey Gutierrez on March 4th, 2019 1:34 pm

The Taft Basketball seniors were a very core part of the basketball team as a whole and it is sad to have to see them go and continue with their basketball careers. This juniors on the varsity team will definitely have to step up and play the lead role that the departing seniors had to play.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Taft Soccer

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Taft Track and the Works

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Girl’s Basketball: Senior Night

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Congrats to the Girls JV Basketball Team!

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Lakers Attempt to Bring Anthony Davis

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Stephen Curry Kid Sneakers Now Includes Girl Sizes

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Girl’s Tennis Wins CIF Championship!

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Update: Taft Football- one player’s perspective

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Los Angeles Lakers

• Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night

Sports

Girls Volleyball Places 2nd

The Student News Site of Taft Charter High School
Boy’s Basketball: Senior Night