Breaking News
  • New Articles Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!
  • Follow us on Instagram @taft.tribune
The Student News Site of Taft Charter High School

Taft Tribune

Taft Tribune

Taft Tribune

Taft Invites Students to the Movies with Back to School Movie Night

Taft ASB
Back To School Movie Night

Taft will be hosting its ‘Back to School Movie Night’ this Friday on September 22nd at 6-9pm.

Students will be watching the movie 10 Things I Hate About You in Taft hall. The movie was released in 1999 and was directed by Gil Junger. It is a teen romantic comedy starring Julia Stiles who plays Kat Stratford and Heath Ledger who plays Patrick Verona.

The movie is about two sisters named Kat and Bianca. Bianca wants to date Joey, but due to their strict parents, she can’t date until her older sister, Kat gets a boyfriend, so Joey pays a guy named Patrick to date Kat so he can take Bianca to prom, but Patrick begins to fall in love with Kat.

Lilly Leonhardt, the vice president of ASB says, “this Friday is back to school movie night. It’s our first Back to School Movie night of the year. It’s a free event to get everyone and anyone who wants to participate in more and half of student life to come and have fun.”

Students should bring their own blankets and chairs because they are not provided. There will be rice balls and food trucks so students should bring cash to pay for food and drinks because they are also not provided. In order to attend the event you must bring your student ID otherwise you would not be able to attend.